Friday 8 October 2004

Registration Day..


Assalamualaikum..

So how's life been treating y'all today? Hope everything is fine. I am fine alhamdulillah. Just got back from the mosque for Friday prayer. My 1st Friday prayer in a place so alien for me. Everything is different. Well, not really different actually. Of course the way we pray is the same(duh!). Its just that, last week, I was praying beside those with the same colour and they speak the same language as I speak. But a week later, which is today, everyone here is different. There are lots of Arabs, Negro and some Malays. And of course, they are big! My friend, who happened to pray beside them, heh, often got thrown back whenever they ruku' and i'tidal. Hahaha. Me? Luckily on my right was a black man(I dunno he was from which origin), and to my left was a Malay guy. A student. My senior but he studied in RCSI. But I met him last Wednesday. So I know him already.

Oh yeah, me and my 2 housemates walked to the Mosque in South Circular Road. About 15 minutes walk. And it was raining. The rain here is not like in Malaysia where sometimes it will be a heavy downpour. Here, the rain was just little. Apa orang kata, gerimis..haa. And usually not for a very long time la. The khutbah was perform in 2 languages : Arabic and English, and I can't catch up most of what the khatib was saying, both english and arabic, haha. Dengar je la. After the prayer, there's a canteen that served Tandoori food for 6 Euro. Pergh. The aroma was really tempting. Luckily I didn't bring any money. Or was I being unlucky? Heh.

Err..actually I wanted to tell about the registration day today. Well, got out from house at about 840 am. And the weather was very cold. Everytime we spoke, there's mist coming out of our mouth(is 'mist' the correct word?). I used to watch that only on TV, but today, it actually happened to me! Hehe. Met other 2 friends at the bridge in front of the Portobello College. So, arrived at the TCD main square about 40 minutes later(we walked). Met En. Azman of the JPA along with other JPA students who had already registered themselves. Then I realised the four of us were facing quite a problem. We haven't hand in the medical checkup forms. That means we cannot register just yet. Aiseh. We havent been told of that either. Just knew about it at that time. So we just hand in the form to this woman, and get back to her next Tuesday or Wednesday. Then we went to the Admission Office to get our Orientation Pack. After picking up our schedule at the Health Science Faculty, we walked back to the main square. I registered for the Islamic Society and the Canoe Club. Can you believe it? Me? Canoing? Hehe. Just wanna try laa.

Then me and Mambang walked back home, waiting for 1 pm to arrive.

I think I heard Radzli and Mambang said they want to go out and buy some veggies, mayo and some other stuffs. I think I'm going too follow them. Can't stand not doing anything in this house, I'll be so freezing, not moving a lot. But then, its cold outside too. Sigh..

Erm, I think that's all for now. Can't think of anything to write. Writing in English really limits my idea of words. Kalo dalam Bahasa Melayu, rasanya banyak lagi bleh tulis nih, heh. So, okeh..

Wassalam..(signing off at 345 pm)

No comments: